Cost of Living Resource Magazine
These are tough times for our local community.
The following booklet has been produced to signpost residents to local help and support during the cost-of-living crisis.
I have put together a wide range of contacts with relation to the cost-of-living crisis that may be useful to you and your family.
In this booklet, there is a range of services from voluntary organisations, charities, the local authority and government schemes that may be able to offer help, advice and support.
UPDATED November 2023
- Police 999
- Less urgent calls to the Police 101
- Crimestoppers 0808 555 111
- North Tyneside General Hospital, Rake Lane 0844 811 8111
- NHS 111
- Booster Vaccines 119 (vaccinations, testing, NHS COVID Pass, and more)
- Northumbria Water Emergency 0345 717 1100
- Gas (including leaks) 0800 111 999
- Northern Power Grid 0800 668 877
- Water Leak 0800 393 084
- North Tyneside Council Gateway Team Out of Office hours 0330 333 7475
- North Tyneside Council Gateway Team Office Hours (0191) 643 2777
- Deaf/Hearing Impaired People (North Tyneside Council) Text 07786 202838
- Samaritans – 116 123 – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- What to do in severe weather
- Staying healthy over the winter